Medical Assistant - Hospital
Healthcare - Medical Support + Operations
New York, New York
- Demonstrates the ability to perform clinical/technical/service/administrative tasks
- Assures that the delivery of patient care is consistent with the philosophy of Beth Israel Medical Group
- Performs EKGs, lab testing, PFT, audiometry, quality controls as ordered by the physician
- Admits patients to the exam room and takes vital signs, medical history, medication history, and allergy history.
- Adheres to laboratory procedures as required by CLIA regulations
- Ensures that the patient referrals are completed and forwarded appropriately
- Documents in the lab accession log and outside medical testing log as per the established procedure
- Adheres to universal precautions and OSHA Regulations
- Maintains examination rooms and medical areas in a clean and orderly fashion
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
- BLS certification
- Certification as a Medical Assistant from an approved school or two years of experience working as a medical assistant
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.