Medical Insurance Authorization Specialist
Admin + Office Support
Long Island, New York
- Obtains prior authorizations for medications and/or procedures.
- Answers telephone calls and routes messages; Interfaces with physicians, patients, and administrative personnel.
- Files medical and administrative correspondence for the department.
- Provides general medical office administrative support such as answering calls, routing messages, and filing medical and administrative correspondence for the department.
- Regularly required to communicate with patients, staff, and medical providers.
- Maintains clinical calendars. Schedules meetings for clinical staff as needed.
- Maintains inventory of clinical supplies for office.
- HS Diploma or GED is required
- 3 years of administrative experience in a medical office setting is required
- Prior pre authorization process experience required
- Microsoft Office proficiency required
- Excellent communication and analytical skills; Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines. Self-directed and self-motivated. Able to multi-task.
- Professional phone etiquette.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.