Construction + Real Estate
Long Island, New York
- Review subcontractors’ agreements and scopes of work.
- Develop and implement quality assurance and control procedures to ensure the work performed complies with all requirements of the contract documents and specifications.
- Manage the submission of and review subcontractors’ submittals for compliance and coordination with project requirements.
- Lead design professionals and subcontractors in the development of coordinated MEPS shop drawing documents. Resolve all clash detections identified by the development of the coordination documents.
- Develop and implement work schedules identifying the critical path including the expediting of scheduled critical materials and equipment for their timely delivery to site.
- Coordinate, direct, and monitor the activities of subcontractors, suppliers, direct labor and material.
- Collaborate with public utility suppliers to obtain final service connections in compliance with determined project schedule delivery date and system startups.
- Obtain all necessary permits for temporary use and construction purposes.
- Coordinate as required the activities of inspection agencies. Achieve all required MEPS and electromechanical jurisdictional inspections.
- A college degree in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management and 5+ years of commercial construction experience concentrated in MEPS work or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient with reading, understanding, and interpreting plans, specifications, drawings, contracts, and other documents pertaining to MEPS aspects of projects.
- Strong knowledge of gas installations, WSSC codes, high- and low-voltage systems, HVAC, control systems, commissioning, LEED/Green Building Projects, general ground-up construction, and multifamily projects as applicable to MEPS.
- Familiarity with construction management and office productivity software, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Procore, or other web-based or mobile document and project management solutions.
- Able to interact and communicate professionally with all parties associated with the project.
- Effectively resolve or escalate issues with subcontractors and other third parties in a timely manner.
- OSHA 30, First Aid, & CPR Certification required upon hire
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.