Mortgage Loan Closer
Fairfield, New Jersey
Boutique Bank in New Jersey is looking to expand their lean Mortgage Loan team. This Associate would be responsible for taking the closing process from start to finish.
Compensation : $
Job ID : 4615
Closes purchase and refinance mortgage loans in accordance with established policies and procedures and appropriate guidelines.
- Prepares all closing documents required to close mortgage loans, ensuring documentation is complete and accurate; follows up with any discrepancies.
- Ensures that all loans meet guidelines for quality and regulatory compliance and investor closing standards are met.
- Maintains communication with customers, departments, closing agents, realtors, and builders to promote positive business relations and relate loan status.
- Establishes and maintains a thorough knowledge of all products and investor requirements to ensure quality closing packages and salability into the market.
- Performs verification that loans closed as scheduled.
- Reviews files prior to closing to verify that abstracts and/or title opinions are clear; forwards copies to all parties involved; reviews all surveys, termite inspections, final inspections, and verifies accuracy of closing conditions.
- Closes the loan; inputs information into computer, prepares additional documentation, balances account for closing, prepares package for closing agent and/or customer, and ensures timely recording of all documents and disbursement of all funds.
- Prepares and explains closing requirements to closing agent and/or customer.
- Protects bank collateral by reviewing and analyzing title work to verify that all liens are clear.
- Reviews and verifies executed closing packages to ensure all documents are signed appropriately and all fees are included with the package.
- Maintains knowledge of all mortgage and compliance policies and procedures.
- Completes all required paperwork and forms in an accurate and timely manner; prepares all required reports.
- Comply with all provisions of the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent.
- Thorough working knowledge of real estate documentation, policies, compliance, and procedures.
- High level of proficiency with mortgage loan processing and underwriting systems.
- Experienced in closing mortgages in both NY and NJ.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- PC proficiency.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.