Operations Analyst - Quantitative Trading Firm
New York, New York
- The role sits in Operations, specifically on our Settlements team - the group responsible for ensuring that our trades match and settle on a timely basis in the market.
- The person in this role will work closely with our clearing firms, brokers and other counterparties, as well as interfacing with our Operations and Trading teams in London and Hong Kong to ensure that all parties to the trade agree on the terms, and that securities and cash move promptly to their correct locations.
- Timely and accurate settlement is crucial to the profitability of our firm.
- Looking for 2-4 years of Settlements experience from a bank or fund, can pass a case study
- You should be a self-motivated critical thinker who can multitask and enjoys a fast-paced, highly intellectual environment.
- The ability to take on and manage your own projects is key.
- A quantitative background and technical skills are also important for this role – candidates should have a strong foundation in mathematics and Excel, and be comfortable working with data.
- VBA or other programming experience is also highly desirable.
- This role requires someone honest, reliable, conscientious and articulate, who can communicate with different teams on a variety of subjects.
- Be willing to accept criticism from others and look at any mistake as an opportunity to grow.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.