New York, New York
In this hybrid role, the Credit Operations Manager will be responsible for communicating, confirming, settling/funding, and reconciling securities trades and allocations, and will be responsible for Credit investment reporting and analytics. The ideal candidate should have relevant loan settlement experience and distressed security experience with a good understanding of the nuances of settling such instruments, reorganizations, and working with counterparties and prime brokers, and strong background in product accounting. This new credit business unit will likely trade levered loans, HY bonds, distressed debt, trade claims and equities, among other instruments. The platform will likely originate, or participate in the syndication of, direct bank loans made on an opportunistic basis.
Core Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate with COO in execution of core credit responsibilities
- Coordinate closing with deal team / credit trader and sponsor
- Manage the daily pricing and monthly valuations of credit portfolio
- Ensure receipt of closing documents and securities
- Oversee and manage relationship with Fund Administrator – primarily reviewing Fund Administrator daily work and reviewing daily cash positions and reconciliation prepared by Fund Administrator
- Monitor cash receipts for interest and principal repayments; coordinate trade closings and funding
- Track credit investment performance and develop analytics to help drive business performance
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and highly motivated individual who possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills, is very detailed and results oriented, and is both flexible and adaptable to changing priorities. This position reports into the COO.
- BS degree from an accredited University
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience in Alternative Credit and Loan Closing experience
- General knowledge of accounting; shadow accounting experience preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of WSO, Clearpar and/or Advent Geneva +++