Phlebotomist - Lab
Healthcare - Medical Support + Operations
Carmel, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
WCS Healthcare is currently partnering with one of Hudson Valley's Largest Medical Groups in search of full time Phlebotomists. We currently have an opening in a Lab setting in the Carmel NY area to day shifts!
Compensation : $16 - $18
Job ID : 13425
- Blood Collection: from adult and pediatric patients using vacutainer, syringe, and butterfly techniques; capillary puncture using heel and fingerstick techniques.
- Identifies and labels specimens appropriately.
- Instructs patients regarding urine and stool collection procedures.
- Enters accessioning data into the computer.
- Prepares specimens for send-out testing.
- Inventories supplies and prepares phlebotomy stations to effectively collect blood.
- Enhances professional growth and development through service meetings and education programs.
- Performs EKG, Holter Monitor, and Spirometry procedures.
- High School diploma or GED and on the job training.
- One year of phlebotomy is required.
- Certification from an accredited phlebotomy diploma program is preferred.