Physical Therapy Assistant
Healthcare - Allied Health
Brooklyn, New York
- Assist in the performance of physical therapy treatment procedures and related duties under the supervision and direction of a licensed physical therapist.
- Assist in the assessment of physical therapy treatment.
- Document patient care and progress to include keeping records and statistics.
- Assist in educating patients about their care and treatment.
- Assist the Physical Therapist in the clinical instruction of physical therapy assistant students.
- Care for environment and equipment, review inventory and the working condition of equipment.
- Attend meetings and in-service programs.
- Comply with department and regulatory standards and policies.
- Recommend changes in procedures as appropriate.
- Complete all other duties as requested.
Current New York State license (or willingness to obtain)
2 years of acute care experience in this specialty
BLS certification from the American Heart Association
Excellent communication and customer service skills
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.