Portfolio Optimization Associate
- Work with custodians & prime brokers in support of the funds’ various financing structures.
- Ensure debt and cash are utilized efficiently across multiple funds
- Assist with securities lending relationships, provide color to the desk, coordinate borrow requests, executing financing transactions, reviewing reporting, and mitigating risk.
- Coordinate with the investment team to understand changes to the portfolio and proactively manage the implications.
- Prepare weekly reporting and conduct ad-hoc analysis around fund liquidity, leverage and investment capacity.
- Model the impact of new financings on fund returns, leverage, capacity, and portfolio construction.
- Assist with group projects to streamline new/existing processes and reduce upstream and downstream risks.
- Collaborate closely with IT, Infrastructure, Legal and Compliance to facilitate portfolio activity and optimize financing
- BS degree in Finance or related degree
- 3-6 years of experience at a hedge fund, bank, or asset manager in a similar role focused on financing and liquidity management.
- Must have a fundamental understanding of bonds and loans
- Advanced Excel (some financial modelling skills required)
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.