Accounting + Finance
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
A prominent hedge fund is looking to hire an experienced product controller to join its Finance team due to the growth of its fixed income and equity investments.
Compensation : $100000 - $175000
Job ID : 16618
- Daily production of monthly P&L and explanation for supported Business Lines.
- Daily production of Balance Sheet Reconciliation and monitoring of key controls.
- Identification and resolution of balance sheet breaks between general ledger and sub-ledger systems.
- Preparation, posting and review of manual journal entries to clear daily balance sheet breaks as well as to close the books at period end (monthly and quarterly).
- Maintenance of the general ledger and mapping tables.
- Overhaul manual reconciliation processes by simplifying and automating procedures, reducing spreadsheets, and developing clear and comprehensive supporting documentation that validate all balance sheet accounts.
- Develop daily and monthly reporting analytics and provide relevant analyses and commentary to explain position/P&L changes.
- Accounting, Finance, or related degree required
- Strong excel skills required
- 2-8 years of product control experience at a bank or hedge fund
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.