Project Accountant - Construction
Accounting + Finance
Plainview, New York
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PMs) and Owners, regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Obtain necessary insurance documentation required for each project.
- Prepare monthly AIA billing for each project and ensure all applicable documentation
- Maintain accounts receivable reports
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Set up new projects in system and upload necessary documents
- Prepare special project analyses for the PM’s and Management.
- Prepare Sales tax returns.
- Assist with any insurance related audits.
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements.
- 3-6+ years of experience in a commercial construction accounting role
- Experience managing project budgets, schedules and costing
- Excellent business analysis and cost analysis skills
- Ability to prepare financial data and facilitate organizational effectiveness under minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Accubuild and Textura software a plus
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.