Property Accountant - Management Firm
Accounting + Finance
New York, New York
- The Property Accountant will be joining a team of 6, comprised of a Managing Director of Finance and Accounting, 2 Directors, and 3 Property Accountants.
- report directly to one of the Directors.
- be responsible for maintaining and reconciling the General Ledger for various residential properties
- coordinate audits with independent CPA firms and client accountants
- create and maintain accurate work papers in support of account balances
- be responsible for ensuring compliance with reporting deadlines, and closing year-end reports in a timely manner to meet auditor/client deadlines.
4 days in-office and 1 WFH (WFH day is determined by hiring manager)
9am - 5pm
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting required
- Must have Property Accountant experience within Real Estate Industry
- 3-10+ years
- Residential Real Estate preferred
- Must have experience with either Yardi or MRI (preferably both)
- Willing to train on Yardi
- Strong Excel skill is a must
- Pivot Tables, Macros, VLookups
- CPA - Preferred, but not a must.
- Will accept experience in lieu of CPA license
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.