Quant Execution Trading Optimization Specialist
Financial Services - Front Office
New York, New York
This Quantitative Engineer Optimization Specialist will join an global trading execution team who are responsible for firmwide trading, evaluation & optimization of the Fund's execution utilizing highly technical quantitative methodology. This hire will focus on Portfolio & Execution optimization.
The ideal hire will have trade optimization experience preferably on a Fixed Income platform or portfolio and possess a strong software engineering background. On a daily basis they will work with the team to refine execution optimization tools & strategies and work within portfolio construction & factor analysis. This role requires close collaboration with fellow quants & technologists from across execution services. This hire will work w traders, researchers quants, engineers & data scientists on a daily basis.
- Ongoing analysis of trading performance to expose optimization opportunities
- Monitor signal based research on large datasets across desks/strategies
- Design and implement core optimizations within all components of execution services including:
- Trade cost analysis
- Portfolio construction
- Risk monitoring & optimization
- P&L attribution and reporting
- Factor analysis & hedging strategies
- 6 - 10+ years experience on a Buy or Sell Side trading desk (no interns or recent college grads)
- Strong quantitative background with advanced degrees in quantitative sciences preferred
- Deep understanding of complex financial software systems, strong statistical skill, and experience in multi-factor modeling skills
- Expertise in Derivatives, including FI, Fx, Treasuries & Swaps, MBS
- SOFR/LIBOR expertise
- High proficiencies in Python, SQL a MUST - no exceptions
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required for regular management reporting & presentations
- US work authorization
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.