Quant Market Risk Analyst
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
A multi-strategy hedge fund with offices globally continues to build out their Fixed Income & Macro platform while looking for high-performing quantitative risk analysts to join their world-class risk & quantitative research team. They are looking for a true problem solver. The Risk team plays a vital role in our Clients investment process, building a deeply rooted culture of efficient risk management and factful performance attribution. The Market Risk Analyst will review portfolio risks & performance, support the development of comprehensive risk reports for Management & Portfolio Managers, and be a vital contributor to drive improvements to the existing risk management system—the objective being to help the Fund deliver superior risk-adjusted performance. The team is front-line in protecting the Fund from outsized exposure & ensure that risk-taking is efficient & deliberate.
Compensation : $200000 - $225000
Job ID : 9029
This role reports into Risk but works directly with the Portfolio Managers, analysts & trading desks on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate is hardworking, self-motivated, and detail oriented professional who can articulate both market risk management and systems concepts effectively to a diverse audience in a fast-paced environment. The role will cover a wide range of assets, but the candidate must have experience covering global macro products (fixed income, credit, FX).
The Market Risk Analyst will:
- Analyze firm portfolios to identify market risks and performance drivers; expand the current risk infrastructure to facilitate efficient risk management and ensure comprehensive coverage of firm risk exposures.
- Support senior risk managers and colleagues on topics such as risk limit usage, firm and portfolio risk exposures, tail risks, and forward-looking risk events.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of foundational market risk management concepts such as model Greeks, historical stress testing, value-at-risk, liquidity measurement.
- Help design and prototype risk analytics and reports for portfolios of diverse products and strategies.
- Collaborate closely with the technology team to deploy prototypes to production; continuously enhance reports and systems areas when necessary.
- Work with other groups (Operations, Finance, Treasury, Compliance) to strengthen data integration, develop firm reports, and to produce collaborative analysis for management.
- Evaluate reference data and vendor analytics packages; work to integrate them into the risk system. Remediate data issues, QA new features and isolate issues in existing risk system in conjunction with risk technology.
- 3+ years of work experience in market risk or trading in Macro, Fixed Income, Fx, Credit
- Solid product knowledge & analytical rigor in terms of pricing models, risk sensitivities and best practices for risk aggregation in a portfolio context
- Bachelor degree with a strong academic record. An advanced STEM degree advantaged
- Expertise working with large data sets & databases is required
- High proficiency in SQL, Python a must; MATLAB, R desirable
- Experience with MSCI/RiskMetrics & other market risk platforms in a production environment critical
- Essential experience with pricing functions packages (i.e., FinCad, QuantLib).
- Strong communication skills with prior experience interacting with Risk Managers, Senior Management and Back-office personnel.
- The ability to multi-task while also having the ability to work well within a team to deliver on deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Professionalism & integrity are paramount characteristics
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.