Research Analyst, Credit/ABS
Financial Services - Front Office
New York, New York
- Great growth opportunity at a Multi-Strategy Hedge fund. This role will be based in NYC with a Q3 start date. We are looking for a Structured Credit Analyst (3-5 years) with superior Python coding skills.
- reports into Senior Research Associate and requires experience in ABS (auto loans, consumer loans, credit cards, HELOCs, marketplace lending).
- This role requires heavy (python) coding and trade modeling. The team consists of 6 PMs and Analysts located in both LA & NYC. Travel to LA is likely 1-3x/quarter
- The ideal candidate will have been credit trained and have 3-5 yrs experience in credit / ABS
- Strong quantitative skills with strong experience w probability & statistics
- Python skills must be superior, SQL, VBA, Heavy Advanced Excel
- This role will ascend into research vs trading
- Strong communications essential & attention to detail critical
- Passionate about financial markets & knowledge base in mortgages & securitized products
- Advanced degree in mathematics & financial engineering. CFAs a plus
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.