Respiratory Therapist - Hospital
Healthcare - Allied Health
Amsterdam, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
WCS Healthcare is currently seeking a Respiratory Therapist for a Prestigious Hospital in Montgomery County, NY.
Compensation : $55 - $60
Job ID : 13434
- Reviews data in-patient record, including admission and current R.C. orders, patient history, physical exam, PFT values, ABG results, and laboratory data.
- Set up and maintain respiratory equipment as instructed.
- Attends department meetings and in-services as instructed.
- Performs patient assessment in order to monitor effects of therapy provided and documents this assessment in the patient chart.
- Conducts prescribed therapeutic procedures to achieve and maintain adequate oxygenation.
- Conducts prescribed therapeutic procedures to achieve and maintain a patent airway, including maintenance of adequate humidification.
- Obtain and analyzes ABG's as ordered/ per policy.
- Follows Department protocols, such as weaning protocol, patient ventilator monitoring, Cuff pressure monitoring, etc.
- Associate Degree in Respiratory Therapy required
- Current and valid RRT
- 1+ years’ active therapy experience required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of therapy procedures for patients ranging from pediatric to geriatric
- Ability to work collaboratively and with minimal supervision
- BLS + ACLS via American Heart Association
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) Required