Healthcare - Nursing
Brooklyn, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
WCS Healthcare is currently looking for multiple RNs to work as Care Managers for a large agency in NYC, positions are available in Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx and Manhattan. The RN will work in the PACE/Clinic program and be required to cover for field visits as well.
- Participates and represent the Community Health Nurse (CHN) in all IDT meetings.
- The Care Manager will review all nursing documentation for quality and addresses any deficiencies.
- Have regular meetings with their nurses to review case load, participant status and documentation.
- The Care Manager (CM) communicates with the CHN on a regular ongoing basis to coordinate a continuum of care consistent with the Member’s health care needs and goals. This care plan supports the Member in attaining and/or maintaining an optimal functional and health status.
- Implements specific care management activities and/or interventions that lead to accomplishing the participants goals.
- Coordinates, facilitates, and arranges for long term care services in nursing homes, rehab facilities, etc. as needed.
- Collaborates with PCP and other Specialty physicians and specialty-based services and members of IDT regarding any changes in participants condition to secure, arrange and coordinate all resources for implementing optimal care.
- Provides or arranges for ongoing Skilled nursing care and other skilled disciplines, service authorization and periodic assessment re assessment and evaluation of services
- Monitors care management activities, services, and member’ responses to interventions, to determine the effectiveness of the plan of care and the utilization of services and implements changes and adjustments to meet needs and resolve goals
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the plan of care in reaching desired goals and outcomes, makes modifications or changes in the plan of care based on changes in the member’s health, as needed.
- Registered Nurse in New York
- Care Management Experience
- Long term home health care (LHCSA), acute care, medical surgical, and/or critical care, nursing home experience, diagnostic & treatment clinic preferred
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.