RN - First Assistant
Healthcare - Travel + Acute Care Nursing
Middletown, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
WCS Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse to work as an OR First Assist within a prestigious healthcare system in Middletown, NY. This is a full time day shift position offering highly competitive pay and benefits.
Compensation : $90 - $90
Job ID : 18088
- Providing aide in exposure, hemostasis, closure, and other intraoperative technical functions that assist the surgeon with carrying out safe operations with optimal results for the patients.
- Assisting the surgeon with tasks such as selecting equipment, holding open incisions, stopping bleeding, closing the incision, among many other technical tasks.
- Administering medication as needed
- General OR and some L&D responsibilities
- In addition to intraoperative duties, the RNFA performs the circulating or scrub role as assigned when not functioning in the role of first assistant.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Current NY State Registered Nurse License
- 2 years of experience in this specialty
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through the American Heart Association
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through the American Heart Association
- Must have completion of RNFA certification (CRFA)
- Must have CNOR Certification
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.