RN - Labor and Delivery
Healthcare - Travel Nursing/Acute Care
New York, New York
- Applies external fetal monitor and interprets fetal heart tracing and uterine activity.
- Categorizes patients in the appropriate level of classification.
- Implements intervention appropriately based on fetal heart rate pattern and maternal status during labor.
- Identifies emergency situations, observes age and notifies provider accordingly.
- Administers medication according to the 5 rights of safety and infection control guidelines and or per Provider's orders.
- Screens patients for pain during the initial assessment and reassess according to guidelines.
- Assists the physicians/midwife during a delivery.
- Graduated from an accredited School of Nursing or in Nursing (BSN)
- Current New York State RN license (or willingness to obtain)
- 1-2 years of acute care experience in this specialty
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association
- ACLS certification from the American Heart Association
- NRP certification from the American Heart Association
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.