RN - Medical/Surgical, Telemetry
Healthcare - Travel + Acute Care Nursing
Rochester, New York
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications.
- Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse
- Educates patients on surgical procedures; Records patients’ medical information and vital signs
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, and interprets and records electronic displays
- Two full years of Med/Surg Telemetry RN experience is required
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Current NY State RN license
- Candidate must be able to hang cardiac drips and ready telemetry strips
- BLS & ACLS certifications from the American Heart Association
- High-level knowledge of cardiac medicine; Proficiency at operating EKG equipment and interpreting EKGs
- Strong oral communication skills to interact effectively with patients, physicians and other staff
- Thorough understanding of infection control, privacy laws and health and safety regulations
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.