RN - PACU
Healthcare - Travel + Acute Care Nursing
New York, New York
- Provides post-operative nursing care to the patient in an individual, emotionally supportive manner, consistent with any directions or orders given by the anesthesiologist and/or attending physician.
- Documents all nursing activities and writes a nursing discharge note when the anesthesiologist documents that the patient is ready to be transferred to the progressive recovery room.
- Ensures that all needed equipment and supplies are stocked and readily available.
- Monitor’s and documents the patient’s vital signs and level of consciousness as per nursing procedure.
- Assists the anesthesiologist or other attending physician as needed.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Current RN license for the state that you are working in (or willingness to obtain)
- 2 years of acute care experience in this specialty
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS certifications from the American Heart Association
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.