RN - Pediatrics
Healthcare - Travel + Acute Care Nursing
Long Island, New York
- Working with children and asking questions about their health for diagnosis and documenting patients' symptoms and medical history for the doctor.
- Assessing a child's needs and providing initial care.
- Identifying changes in children's symptoms and intervening in emergency situations.
- Participating in pain management for children.
- Administering medications, drawing blood, and giving childhood vaccinations following age-appropriate guidelines.
- Monitoring temperature, pulse, breathing, and blood pressure and keeping accurate records.
- Dealing with the anxieties and demands of parents and helping families to deal with their child's illness or injury.
- Remaining up to date on the latest developments, rules and regulations, drug therapies, equipment, and treatment procedures.
- A bachelor's or associate's degree in nursing.
- NY State RN License
- BLS – AHA; PALS – AHA required
- 1 year of acute experience as a Pediatric Registered Nurse is required
- Good communication skills; Emotional and mental strength, dedication, and self-motivation.
- Empathy and the ability to relate to children.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.