SEC Reporting Senior Manager
Accounting + Finance
Astoria, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
A PRE IPO Consumer products company in NYC is looking to hire their first SEC Reporting & Accounting Policy professional to oversee their reporting process as get closer to becoming a public company.
Compensation : $160000 - $180000
Job ID : 13721
- Lead the preparation of external financial reports, footnotes, disclosures and supporting documentation, including reports filed with the SEC on Forms S-1, 10-Q, 10-K, and 8-K.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the Audit Committee, Disclosure Committee, and Investor Relations presentations
- Monitor activity of the FASB, SEC, and other authoritative bodies to identify the potential impact of new pronouncements
- Manage and lead the enhancement of documentation relating to internal controls over financial reporting, across the organization
Assess and perform internal controls over external reporting process
- Manage the quarterly SOX 302 and 906 Certification process
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Advanced degree or MBA desirable; CPA required
- 5-10+ years’ of public company experience required
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Strong technical accounting background - US GAAP / Technical Accounting / SEC and External Reporting and all applicable disclosure regulations (SEC / REG FD)
- Direct experience with SEC reporting (Regulation S-X and S-K) and preparation of financial statements and footnotes of public companies (Form 10-Q and Form 10-K)
- Strong working knowledge of financial reporting systems
- Exceptional learning, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Enthusiasm for continuously improving department and company operations.
- Experience with management reporting and financial analysis at Corporate, Group or Divisional level
- Experience with Planful and MS Navision