Accounting + Finance
New York, New York
We are looking for a reliable and precise professional to help us lead our investment accounting process. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for multiple entities and will provide input and assistance on new investment activity, handle capital calls, distributions, and maintain partnership capital accounts. The candidate will also be responsible for preparing month end / quarter-end reporting for senior management. Specifically, the key responsibilities of the position include:
- Lead the investment process which includes, entity investment selection, completing subscription documents, obtaining appropriate approvals and signatures, handle the capital calls, and providing the flow of funds for each investment to Accounts Payable Associate.
- Assist investment team in KYC process
- Maintain new investment checklist
- Assist with the preparation of accurate, timely reports in accordance with our monthly close calendar.
- Review and record all investment related activity
- Maintaining of capital roll forwards including income allocation and reconciling partnership percentages with the tax department.
- Assist with the development and documentation of accounting policies and procedures to maintain and strengthen internal controls for our investment entities.
- Review and recommend modifications to our policies and procedures.
- Maintain monthly compliance reporting
- Maintain orderly, standardized and complete electronic filing systems of capital calls, distribution notices, capital account statements and 1099 reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting / CPA is a plus but not required
- 8+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Experience with private equity investments
- Prior family office experience desirable
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains (GP)
- Proficient in Excel and MS Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, juggle multiple tasks and handle highly confidential information.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail.