New York, New York
A global investment management firm is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their Management side Accounting Team in NYC.
Compensation : $
Job ID : 4504
- Be a primary liaison between the management side accounting group and the many other business groups including the hedge funds and private equity teams.
- Review fund documents to understand various fund structures and the firm's economics for each vehicle (ie – management fee, incentive fee, equity interest).
- Prepare detailed accounting memorandum on transaction related activities, including consolidation accounting and revenue recognition
- Review monthly reporting packages and files provided by the company's many business groups for reasonableness in determining whether the calculation of management fees, incentive allocation, and equity pick-up is complete and accurate.
- Prepare revenue and balance sheet analytics and provide explanations for significant variances.
- Assist with the drafting of certain financial statement footnotes and MD&A sections in the company's quarterly and annual reports.
- Prepare and maintain internal control documentation.
- Coordinate activities of internal and external auditors and other consultants.
- BS Degree (or equivalent)
- CPA and 3-6 years of public accounting and/or private accounting experience.
- Experience with various accounting and reporting matters.
- Knowledge of the investment management or financial services industries is required.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Fund Accounting experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Investran a plus
- Bright, quick learner, motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to “roll up sleeves”
- Flexible, self-confidence and ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Positive initiative with ability to drive projects forward