Senior Accountant / Analyst
Englewood, New Jersey
- Review and analyze monthly financial statements provided by third party managers and journalize into our company files.
- Take part in analysis, assessment and acquisition of new properties/real estate investments.
- Prepare and/or review transactional deal workbooks for transactions that have closed during the quarter (includes researching US GAAP guidance for various transactions including, but not limited to, acquisitions, financings, and lease amendments).
- Ensure all U.S. GAAP adjustments are recorded on a monthly basis.
- Oversee and review monthly close accounting workbooks for various entities including bank reconciliations, accruals, reconciliation of account balances to supporting schedules and entering any required journal entries identified.
- Prepare and review annual budgets
- Assist in fund level quarterly reporting requirements for consolidated close process.
- Assist with preparation of management fees, promotes, HLBV, capitalized interest.
- Assist in preparing or reviewing supporting schedules for auditors and responding to audit inquiries.
- Assist with any new projects or process improvements.
- Work very closely with C-Suite and Management to come up with new processes as the company grows.
- 2-5 years of relevant and progressive work experience in the accounting, finance, or tax field at a public accounting firm or in house accounting role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Real Estate experience a plus.
- Desire to roll up sleeves in a hands-on collaborative environment and a passion for learning/taking on new responsibilities.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.