Senior Accountant / Manager
Accounting + Finance
Englewood, New Jersey
SHARE THIS JOB
Rapidly growing family office in New Jersey with a focus on Real Estate investments that is looking to double its portfolio and grow their team accordingly, is looking for an Senior Accountant / Accounting Manager to help lead/mentor the team.
Compensation : $95000 - $130000
Job ID : 19445
- Review and analyze monthly financial statements provided by third party managers and journalize into our company files.
- Take part in analysis, assessment and acquisition of new properties/real estate investments.
- Review transactional deal workbooks for transactions that have closed during the quarter (includes researching US GAAP guidance for various transactions including, but not limited to, acquisitions, financings, and lease amendments).
- Ensure all U.S. GAAP adjustments are recorded on a monthly basis.
- Oversee and review monthly close accounting workbooks for various entities including bank reconciliations, accruals, reconciliation of account balances to supporting schedules and entering any required journal entries identified.
- Review annual budgets
- Review fund level quarterly reporting requirements for consolidated close process.
- Review preparation of management fees, promotes, HLBV, capitalized interest
- Review supporting schedules for auditors and responding to audit inquiries
- Assist with any new projects or process improvements
- Work very closely with C-Suite and Management to come up with new processes as the company grows.
- 4-10 years accounting experience out of a public accounting firm, in house senior accountant or accounting manager role, or a combination of experience in public accounting and then in house accounting
- Desire to roll up sleeves in a hands-on collaborative environment and a passion for learning/taking on new responsibilities
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.