Senior Accountant - Product Control
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
A fast-growing, diversified quant trading firm in the NYC area is looking for a talented Senior Accountant to join their team.
Compensation : $85000 - $95000
- Perform daily trading P&L reconciliations across various asset classes including trading gains/losses, dividends, interest, and commissions.
- Prepare trading P&L attribution for Traders and provide commentary on any reconciling/adjusting items.
- Work with Middle Office and brokers to reconcile daily position and cash breaks as well as troubleshoot processing of corporate actions.
- Perform month-end closing procedures associated with trading in both regulated and non-regulated entities across the globe.
- Assist with onboarding new trading into existing technology and platforms, including post-trade and general ledger systems.
- Perform necessary accounting research on an as needed basis and provide recommendations to management for proper treatment of specific financial products and complex trading transactions.
- Work with the tax department to provide trading P&L analysis in connection with tax filings and collaborate in connection with new trading launches.
- Collaborate with the Treasury group to maintain efficient margin and FX exposure across our brokerage accounts.
- Work with relational databases and set up reports using simple SQL queries.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance.
- 2 - 4 years in the Big 4 or top 15 CPA firm, and/or relevant private sector industry experience.
- Investment accounting and financial product knowledge.
- Strong Excel skills, VBA/SQL experience preferred.
- CPA or parts passed preferred.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.