Senior Accountant - Retail
Accounting + Finance
New York, New York
- Perform detailed General Ledger account reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Conduct variance analysis and provide insightful explanations and discrepancies to help facilitate accurate monthly financial results.
- Maintain a strong understanding of debits and credits to facilitate accurate financial reporting for management.
- Analyze and prepare journal entries and accruals monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- Prepare monthly income statements and balance sheets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to resolve accounting issues and discrepancies.
- Partner with the Financial Planning & Analysis teams to perform close activities and review/understand key drivers of the results.
- Assist with the audit process by completing requested schedules and partnering with external auditors.
- Maintain and record accruals for AR accounts.
- Strong background in general ledger, reconciliations, variance analysis and a solid understanding of debits and credits.
- 3-5 years of experience - Previous experience in public accounting is highly preferred, ideally a mix of Public/Private,
- Experience in either Retail, Manufacturing or Consumer Packaged Goods a plus
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.