Senior Accountant, Revenue Cycle
Accounting + Finance
Old Brookville, New York
- Majority of this role will be handling billing/AR data analytics and reconciliations work, preparing journal entries, and analyzing lost revenues and trial balances
- They're currently running on an older accounting/ERP system but will be moving to Sage Intact in the next month. Otherwise, this is heavy in handling advanced Excel functions for analysis and reconciliation work tied to their patient care agencies and patients.
Financial Close Support: Timely and accurate processing in accord with the monthly financial close calendar including:
- Prepare and input of journal entries for approval, including contract revenue recognition.
- Monthly account analysis for assigned balance sheet accounts, including but not limited to rate/volume analysis to support the revenue and accounts receivable balances.
- Prepare and review cost allocations necessary for timely recording of expenses across agencies and programs, including prepaid expenses.
- Prepare supporting schedules for program budget to actual variances used in preparing monthly Program operations financial narratives.
- Monitor monthly Net Assets with Donor Restrictions for appropriate recognition, spending and reporting of balances.
- Timely completion of the supporting schedules used to prepare the NYS CFR, including but not limited to personnel services by program.
- Assists in preparation of agency budget using financial statements, projected changes and estimated revenues and expenses.
- Support the annual audit process by timely satisfying auditors sample request and other provide by client (PBC) item assigned by the Accounting Manager/ Controller.
- Asist in the preparation of annual IRS Form 990 and its related schedules.
- Support any contract or other regulatory audits.
- Serve as back-up for other accountants’ position as needed and determined by the Accounting Manager / Controller.
- Special projects as required, including process optimization and system implementation.
- 4-20 years of corporate accounting experience, ideally within a government funded NFP, but open to all industries except for financial services
- Elite data analysis, review, and reporting experience, specifically pertaining to AR/Billing and reconciliations work
- Advanced Excel experience, handling Pivot Tables, V-Look Ups, etc.
- ERP/Accounting Software Systems experience is required
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.