Senior Audit Associate
Accounting + Finance
Hauppauge, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
Full-service certified public accounting and advisory firm with a long history of serving clients both domestically and internationally is looking for a Senior Audit Associate to join their team!
Compensation : $70000 - $85000
Job ID : 9045
- Oversee the efforts of multiple Commercial and Government client engagements and demonstrate the ability to run engagements within allotted time budgets.
- Apply technical skills, take the initiative to identify best practices and improvements and consider applicability of best practices for other clients.
Research complex accounting topics and form a conclusion utilizing the Firm’s research tools.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations and ensure satisfaction.
- Identify and communicate to management suggestions to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures.
- Understand internal control deficiencies, work on training entry-level staff on internal control processes and develop comments for management letters. Understand risk assessment process and apply knowledge in completing all related forms.
- Prepare financial reports (statements, notes and any supplemental information) and all other client deliverables.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Apply industry trends to analytics, formulate expectations and determine reasonableness.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide team with directions, play a key role in execution of audit engagement from planning to wrap-up and develop audit program steps to identify risks to ensure that the assignment quality standards are achieved.
- Express ideas clearly and concisely both verbally and in written form and write detailed document findings.
- Manage engagement staff to meet deliverable deadlines, identify roadblocks and understand critical milestones to meet client service expectations.
- Provide quality on the job training and constructive feedback to Interns and Staff.
- Actively participate in learning and development opportunities, formal learning (CPE) and training programs.
- Attend professional development, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university required.
- 3+ years’ of progressive audit experience in public accounting including in-charge auditor experience.
- Commercial and/or Government industry niche experience preferred.
- CPA certification preferred or demonstrated progress towards obtaining CPA certification, including required 150-credit coursework.
- Excellent analytical, technical and auditing skills including familiarity with US GAAP.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to meet challenging client requirements, provide services, and possess strong communication, interpersonal, and research abilities.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions and recommendations in client related matters pertaining to the audit.
- Must be able to work additional hours as needed to meet client deliverables.
- Travel to various local client locations and other office locations via personal vehicle may be required.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.