Senior Audit Associate
Accounting + Finance
Harrison, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
A full-service certified public accounting and advisory firm with a long history of serving clients both domestically and internationally is looking for a Senior Audit Associate to join their team!
Compensation : $70000 - $85000
Job ID : 9049
- Knowledge of auditing, accounting standards and application of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP, GAAS & Yellow Book rules, where applicable).
- Apply technical skills, take the initiative to identify best practices and improvements, and consider applicability of best practices for other clients.
- Research complex accounting topics and form a conclusion utilizing the Firm’s research tools (Engagement, Accounting Research Manager, PPC ETools, etc.).
- Understand internal control deficiencies, work on training entry level staff on internal control processes and develop comments for management letters.
- Understand risk assessment process and apply knowledge in completing all related forms
- Prepare financial report (statements, footnotes and any supplemental information) and all other client deliverables.
- Understand cash flow effects of complex activities (non-cash items, acquisitions, etc.).
- Complete and develop conclusions on audit analyses workpapers and memorandums.
- Apply industry trends to analytics, formulate expectations and determine reasonableness.
- Seek to understand the client’s business as a whole, including competitors, trends and key customers and show sensitivity to the client culture and business strategy.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide team with directions, play a key role in execution of audit engagement from planning to wrap-up, and develop audit program steps to identify risks to ensure that the assignment quality standards are achieved.
- Perform a detailed effective in-charge level review of the team’s work for finalization requirements.
- Express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in written form and capable of writing detailed document findings and/or accounting memos.
- Manage engagement staff to meet deliverable deadlines; identify roadblocks, and understand critical milestones to meet client service expectations.
- Provide quality on the job training and constructive feedback to Audit Staff.
- Actively participate in learning and development opportunities, formal learning (CPE) and training programs.
- Maintain client request lists and respond to basic client inquiries during the audit and throughout the year.
- BA/BS/BBA degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 3 years of progressive experience in a public accounting environment.
- Experience auditing Nonprofit and related organizations required.
- CPA certification or demonstrated progress towards obtaining CPA certification.
- Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP, GAAS, and Yellow Book rules where applicable) and accounting standards and procedures.
- Must have Yellow Book audit experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to meet challenging client requirements, provide services, and possess strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and research abilities.
- Ability to effectively multitask multiple clients
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions and recommendations in client related matters pertaining to the audit.
- Must be able to work additional hours as needed to meet client deliverables.
- Travel to various local client locations and other office locations via personal vehicle may be required.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.