Senior Credit Valuation Specialist
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
Growing Global Private Equity/Private Credit fund is looking to institutionalize it's Valuation process to support it's rapidly expanding private credit business. This individual will have an opportunity to establish controls and best practices across this function.
Compensation : $140000 - $200000
Job ID : 17562
- Develop and oversee team member objectives and career development
- Own all valuation related policies and procedures across the entire Credit platform
- Create and maintain models for illiquid loans, preferred equity, and other credit related products.
- Own the valuation methodologies including, but are not limited to, discounted cash flow (DCF), comparable and recovery analysis.
- Lead discussions with front-office professionals on valuation model and assumptions to ensure valuations are compliant with accounting rules
- Work closely with investment professionals to track portfolio company performance and collect financial data
- Lead off-shore team to manage controls and tie-outs of models and underlying financial data and inputs
- Participate in the valuation review process by auditors and external valuation agents. This includes leading calls and providing explanations regarding qualitative and quantitative aspects of the valuation models
- Produce monthly and quarterly valuation packages for review by Board of Directors, internal committees, and the fund administrator.
- BS degree in Accounting/Finance or related degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 7 years of experience modeling credit products, inclusive of illiquid loans and preferred equity
- Preferred experience as a team lead or manager
- Credit valuation experience at another fund, asset manager, or valuation provider.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel and strong analytical skills.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.