Senior Financial Analyst (Client-Facing)
New York, New York
This individual will assist the client to accurately calculate expense allocations across funds and assign appropriate accounting treatment. Ideal candidate will ultimately become an expert in our software product which will be used in most of the roles requirements.
The position requires a resource to excel at the following:
- A strong understanding of the clients expense and allocation policies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with portfolio managers, fund controllers, legal and tax
- IN depth knowledge of the clients Chart of Accounts
- Applying allocation policy to accurately calculate expense allocations
- Understanding fund structures
- Prepare payment proposals for various Alts business units
- Assist with funding of 2000+ entities as needed to cover fund expenses
- Communication with fund custodian and administrator to ensure timely payment and proper application of accounting treatment.
- Address expense related inquiries from internal and external clients
- Support global teams, providing training and guidance on Alternative Fund’s expense policies and procedures.
- Minimum 2-3 years progressive experience in finance or accounting.
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting, or related degree
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organized with keen attention to detail.
- Proficient managing multiple priorities while maintaining flexibility to change as business demands
- Ability to work independently and with team to meet business objectives
- Must be professional and able to work with internal and external clients, proactively responding to inquiries and developing strong working relationships.