Senior Investment Accountant
Accounting + Finance
New York, New York
- Take ownership over Special Purpose Vehicle (“SPV”) for which you are responsible with the aim of completing tasks that include the following:
- Accounting elections assessment on new trades
- Second level review and confirmation of trade info
- Suspense clearance
- Investment payables and receivables balance reconciliation
- P&L reconciliation and analysis
- Assistance with accounting and related analysis for complex securitization transactions.
- Prepare quarterly current expected credit losses assessment for US GAAP
- Work and communicate directly with the various teams, including Investment, Operations, Corporate Accounting, and Reporting
- Review set-up for initial book yields and monitor book yields on an ongoing basis
- Understand and apply US GAAP and Statutory accounting conclusions to investment portfolio. Ensure relevant controls and processes are in place and effective
- Assist in the adoption of new accounting standards for investments and new investment structures or asset types.
- Trending of investment income from month to month
- 2-4 years of experience with insurance investment accounting
- Experience from top 10 public accounting firm, in house investment accounting, or a combination of both
- Certified Public Accountant certification strongly preferred, but not required
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.