Senior Manager - Fund Administration (Financial Services)
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
Full-service certified public accounting and advisory firm with a long history of serving clients both domestically and internationally is looking for a Senior Manager - Fund Administration (Financial Services) to join their team!
Compensation : $140000 - $200000
- Provide fund accounting and outsourced CFO (Chief Financial Officer) services to clients, including conducting financial reporting and tax accounting per GAAP and GAAS for investment funds, investment companies, endowments, families and registered investment advisors.
- Manage staff of 10-15 people in New York Midtown office and liaise with our India Operations team on a daily basis.
- Review clients’ entities from investment and partnership accounting, operations, IT and compliance perspectives.
- Using Fund Count, review fund accounting/financial statements for clients, clients’ monthly/quarterly financial statements, partner capital accounts, investment statements and journal entries for GAAP, tax and/or cash basis accounting compliance.
- Review waterfall calculations, expense allocation policies and other items pertaining to private equity fund accounting.
- Troubleshoot and research complex accounting issues.
- Oversee multiple client engagements in the Financial Services industry with responsibility for developing, training and managing staff on projects, including ensuring accurate private equity, venture capital and fund/fund of funds accounting, tax and compliance work.
- Foster and facilitate relationships with clients and spend time at client sites.
- Coordinate and oversee India offshore team that provides investment, partnership and tax accounting services, as well as administration service and compliance functions for clients, including bookkeeping and outsourced CFO services.
- Identify and communicate to management suggestions to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Monitor and develop technology or technology suggestions for improving our execution of engagements using administration, tax and compliance software.
- Bachelor’s and/or Advanced degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required.
- CPA certification required.
- 10+ years progressive experience of Private Equity, Venture Capital and Fund/Fund of Funds accounting.
- Private Equity experience is highly preferred.
- Fund/Investment management experience required.
- Extensive experience with conducting financial reporting per GAAP and GAAS for private equity funds, investment companies, endowments, families, investment funds and registered investment advisors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong work ethic.
- Ability to research complex accounting issues.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Experience supervising a group of 10-15 team members at any given time.
- Must be able to work additional hours as needed to meet client deliverables.
- Travel to various local client locations as needed may be required.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.