Social Worker - Clinic
Healthcare - Allied Health
Queens, New York
- Provide ongoing social work services to participants and their authorized representatives to help them understand and follow care delivery recommendations; to assist them with personal and environmental challenges,
- Educate participants and their authorized representatives in understanding and using community, health and public services and benefits which help them remain safely in the community
- Ensure timely and appropriate communication and coordination of care during/post hospitalization, or other inpatient stay, to ensure that a participant's wishes regarding his/her care are followed during that admission.
- Ensure telephonic outreach is made within 24-48 hours of hospitalization, and regularly thereafter during admission, to provide support to the participant, to coordinate with the hospital clinical team to discuss participant's treatment plan, and to assist in discharge plan coordination.
- Education: M.S.W. from an accredited college or university
- Experience: One year experience in a health care setting.
- Experience in home care and/or field work is preferred.
- License: Current certificate and licensure from New York State.
- Candidate will float between cases based on borough assigned.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.