New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
An independent order-execution and clearing firm that provides directaccess to equities, options, fixed income, and foreign exchange markets. The Financial Operations team is responsible for the daily accounting and treasury operations, as well as internal and external financial and regulatory reporting.
Compensation : $55000 - $70000
Job ID : 12902
The Staff Accountant for the Financial Operations Team will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day reconciliations of bank accounts, expense accounts, and revenue accounts.
- Produce, develop and implement new reconciliations or enhance existing reconciliations of revenue and expense accounts.
- Processing of accounts payable invoices after verifying expense transactions, inputting invoices into the firms accounting software, scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payments.
- Processes monthly travel reimbursement requests.
- Receives, records, and deposits cash and checks daily.
- Processes, records, and reconciles, exchange fees and SEC fees (Section 31).
- Processing of accounts receivable invoices after verifying revenue transactions information; inputting invoices into the firms accounting software, computing charges and refunds; preparing and e-mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts, reminding delinquent accounts; notifying customers of insufficient payments.
- Enforcement of Anti-Money Laundering procedures during wire verification
- Preparation and posting of monthly exchange fees, SEC fees (Section 31), legal and vendor accruals, commission bills, and other entries in connection with the month end closing process.
- Assistance with of month end close process, including but not limited to booking prepaid expenses, fixed assets, and other month end closing entries.
- Assist with the coordination of audit workpapers and documentation.
Staff Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
- 1-3 years’ experience.
- Self-motivated and highly entrepreneurial
- Independent thinker with, audit and finance industry experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Team player
- Sound knowledge of accounting, detailed oriented, and strong analytical
- Great at problem-solving and time management.
- Interest in Wall Street, trading firm operations a plus