Staff Accountant - Tax
Accounting + Finance
Woodbury, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
Mid size tax and and accounting firm with a family oriented team culture is looing to hire an additional staff accountant to work on a mix of tax and accountant for various industries.
Compensation : $70000 - $90000
Job ID : 16592
This is a full‐time position, responsible for performing tax and accounting work as assigned. The successful candidate must demonstrate an ability to work independently as well as in a team environment. The position offers a range of opportunities to grow in rank and proficiency through special assignments, team development and paid CPE opportunities.
- Preparation of domestic Federal, State and Local income/franchise tax returns; experience with real estate holdings a plus
- General accounting and write‐up work
- Preparation of financial statements
- Performing 401(k) audit engagements
- Performing compilation, review and other audit engagements
- Education ‐ Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Experience ‐ Minimum 2‐3 years in recent public accounting
- Software ‐ Working knowledge of ProSystem fx Tax, QuickBooks, Tax and Audit research tools
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.