Accounting + Finance
New Jersey, Jersey City
SHARE THIS JOB
Our client is growing rapidly and seeking a qualified, talented, hands-on individual who is interested in working outside of a traditional CPA firm to join our organization in our New Jersey location in the position of Tax Accountant.
Compensation : $80000 - $110000
- assumes ownership of a wide range of tax compliance responsibilities.
- have strong foundational skills in the U.S. federal taxation of partnerships and s-corporations, as well as be a self-starter
- motivated to complete tasks
- research technical issues
- seek assistance from peers, as well as offer assistance when needed
- CPA or EA preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience preparing/reviewing Individual (1040), Partnership, and Corporate tax returns (1120, 1120s, 1065) and Estate and Trust
- Experience in analyzing complex tax accounting, compliance issues, financial and income tax statements
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets, tax preparation (Lacerte) and accounting (QuickBooks Desktop) software, and Microsoft Office suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including effectively presenting information over the telephone while working with clients and/or colleagues
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Developed skills in self-management and prioritization
- Strong tax research study and strong interpretation of tax laws
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, and communication skills (written and oral)
- Very detail oriented and able to function in a fast-paced environment
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.