Sterile Processing Tech
Healthcare - Allied Health
Riverhead, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
WCS Healthcare is urgently seeking a Sterile Processing Tech for a state of the art health care system in Riverhead, NY.
Compensation : $25 - $30
Job ID : 13532
- Dissembles, cleans, sterilizes, reassembles and packages sterile supplies according to specifications and/or manufacturer instructions.
- Follows department procedures to use appropriate sterilization method for various types of instrumentation.
- Operates washers, sterilizers, ultrasonic machines, steam and ethylene oxide sterilizers, heat sealers, and additional equipment during sterilization procedures.
- Adheres to instrument count sheets for surgical sets and case carts.
- Covers and rotates trays and sets per sterile storage guidelines.
- Follows safety protocols to ensure no injury to self/others (proper body mechanics, protective apparel during decontamination procedures, etc.)
- Retrieves used trays, instruments and equipment from various surgical and clinical hospital areas for decontamination.
- Examines instruments and patient care equipment for cleanliness, proper assembly and functionality.
- High School Diploma of GED
- Certified Registered Central Sterile Technician (CRCST) or Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD)
- Knowledge of aseptic technique, sterilization technique, infection control requirements, and a basic knowledge of med/surg procedure terminology