Sterile Processing Technician
Healthcare - Allied Health
State College, Pennsylvania
SHARE THIS JOB
WCS Healthcare is urgently seeking a Sterile Processing Tech for a state of the art health care system in State College, PA.
Compensation : $25 - $30
Job ID : 18409
- Dissembles, cleans, sterilizes, reassembles and packages sterile supplies according to specifications and/or manufacturer instructions
- Follows department procedures to use appropriate sterilization method for various types of instrumentation
- Operates washers, sterilizers, ultrasonic machines, steam and ethylene oxide sterilizers, heat sealers, and additional equipment during sterilization procedures
- Adheres to instrument count sheets for surgical sets and case carts.
- Covers and rotates trays and sets per sterile storage guidelines
- Follows safety protocols to ensure no injury to self/others (proper body mechanics, protective apparel during decontamination procedures, etc.)
- Retrieves used trays, instruments and equipment from various surgical and clinical hospital areas for decontamination
- Examines instruments and patient care equipment for cleanliness, proper assembly, and functionality
- High School Diploma of GED
- Certified Registered Central Sterile Technician (CRCST) or Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD)
- Knowledge of aseptic technique, sterilization technique, infection control requirements, and a basic knowledge of med/surg procedure terminology
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.