New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
Rapidly growing $80B AUM (as of February 2022) alternative investment manager seeks experienced Tax Accountant to join its Management Company Tax team in New York.
Compensation : $90000 - $110000
- Co-ordinate preparation of management company and general partner entity federal and state & local tax returns with outside accountants, including:
- Preparation of working papers, computations, and partner allocations, including proper characterization of taxable income and expense amounts
- Identification of book-tax differences, including technical support and computations as applicable
- Co-ordinate preparation of quarterly federal and state quarterly tax estimates for the management company and applicable general partner entity including computation of member allocations, individual federal and state withholdings as required and entity level filings including NYC UBT.
- Co-ordinate preparation of foreign tax filings related to overseas operating entities
- Assist and co-ordinate preparation of operating entity ancillary tax returns including sales and use, commercial rent, independent contractor (Form 1099).
- Prepare and review vendor Forms W-8/W-9’s.
- Preparation of communications in response to notices from federal and state & local tax authorities
- Assistance with preparation of responses related to federal and state & local tax examinations
- Conduct foreign, federal, and state and local tax research as required and prepare memorandum supporting conclusions
- Maintain tax basis fixed asset ledgers
- Prepare quarterly and annual tax provision computations and accompanying financial statement footnotes
- Assist with tax team automation initiatives and special projects
- 3-6 years public accounting tax experience
- Experience with corporate tax compliance, provision
- Preference for both domestic and international experience
- Sales and use tax experience a plus
- Financial services industry experience preferred
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.