New York, New York
- Preparation and review of ASC 740 income tax provisions and corresponding memos, tax compliance and research.
- Advise clients on the tax implications of their business objectives; applying knowledge to understand potential tax issues and communicate potential risks or changes in tax policy.
- Act as a primary contact points for complex tax issues
- Evaluate and select alternative actions to lessen the tax burden and cost of compliance, as well as identify different methods of compliance with tax regulation.
- Apply ASC 740 standards
- Present components of the income tax provision and uncertain tax positions to the client as well as other complexities surrounding ASC 740
- Assist with managing client relationships/expectations
- Appropriately identify circumstances requiring in-depth research
- Develop, recommend, and implement efficient and effective methods to maximize client tax benefits, especially by decreasing clients’ current and future taxes
- Assist client’s finance and/or tax teams with short-term tax support
- Serve as an interim Tax Associate or Tax Senior at clients
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA and/or Attorney (JD/LLM)
- 2-4+ years of public accounting firm experience; corporate taxation and accounting for income taxes experience a must
- Experience with tax research databases, tax preparation software, and standard tax workpapers
- Experience with tax provision software
- Ability to compose written tax advice
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Capable of managing multiple client engagements simultaneously
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.