Tax Compliance And Reporting Associate
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
A prominent publicly traded private equity fund is hiring an experienced partnership tax professional.
Compensation : $100000 - $115000
- Prepare federal partnership tax returns and Schedule K-1s for tiered holdings partnerships and regarded advisor entities.
- Assist with the federal return for publicly traded partnerships and multi-state tax return preparation for tiered partnerships.
- Gather and analyze complex financial information for purposes of tax reform, PFIC, CFCs, etc.
- Assist with the U.S. reporting of foreign investments and reporting of U.S. investments held by Non-US citizens.
- Participate in tracking partnership/partner tax basis.
- Perform complex allocations of income/debt.
- Calculate and track book/tax differences.
- Compile and review partner data.
- Respond to tax authority requests.
- Assist with FATCA and CRS compliance.
- Perform quarterly and annual partnership projections and allocations to assist the Firm’s partners with making quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Prepare summaries of state income/apportionment factors.
- Prepare partnership withholdings including ECI, FDAP and states withholding and composite payment.
- Maintain partnership units and PSPs.
- Assist with income tax provision preparation (ASC 740)
- Assist with corporate tax return preparation.
- Assist with tax research and special projects.
- Must have relevant tax experience with a concentration in domestic partnerships. Corporate tax experience is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience to carry out the responsibilities of the position, gained in either Public Accounting and/or a combination of both public and private experience.
- Strong computer skills, especially strong Excel skills, including Pivot Tables and V lookups.
- Working knowledge of tax return preparation systems, especially OneSource.
- Knowledge of US reporting of foreign investments including PFIC’s, CFC’s, CFP’s and Form 926s, etc.
- CPA or graduate degree preferred.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.