Accounting + Finance
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
A well-established Hedge Fund is looking to add a Tax Manager to their team, this role will be overseeing Tax Compliance, Structuring/Planning, and overseeing 2-3 Associates as well.
Compensation : $150000 - $170000
Job ID : 13301
- Review of Federal and State tax returns (1065, 1120), along with other supplemental and information reporting tax forms (1042, 1042-S, 8804, 8805, 8865, 8858, 5471, 926, 8621, 8886, PFIC statements, etc.)
- Review of Federal and State Schedule K-1s, footnotes and disclosures.
- Review FATCA / CRS reporting.
- Working with the accounting department and the fund administrator to review books and records and partner demographics to provide information to outside tax advisors.
- Analyzing underlying security transactions for potential wash sale, constructive sale, straddle, short sale adjustments, future/forward contracts, Sec 988, 1256 contracts, qualified dividend income, original issue discount, market discount, premium amortization, reorgs, and other necessary tax adjustments
- Analyzing, review and preparation of tax allocations per the partnership agreement. Allocation methods may include analysis of revaluation accounts, stuffing, and book/tax differences, along with private equity-like tax waterfalls
- Prepare quarterly tax estimates and projections, including preparing waterfalls and disparity calculations
- Track/Follow up on progress of internally/externally prepared filings and ensure timely filed.
- If necessary tracking and coordinating quarterly estimated tax payments with the IRS
- Review of FBAR filings where applicable.
- CPA license required
- Minimum of 6 years of public tax accounting experience
- Undergraduate/Master’s degree in Accounting or Tax
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, as well as PowerPoint).
- Financial services or Hedge Fund experience preferred.
- Experience with Credit and debt investments.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.