New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
A well-established Hedge Fund is looking to add a Tax Manager to their team, this role will be overseeing Tax Compliance, Structuring/Planning, and overseeing 2-3 Associates as well.
Compensation : $150000 - $170000
Job ID : 13301
- Review of Federal and State tax returns (1065, 1120), along with other supplemental and information reporting tax forms (1042, 1042-S, 8804, 8805, 8865, 8858, 5471, 926, 8621, 8886, PFIC statements, etc.)
- Review of Federal and State Schedule K-1s, footnotes and disclosures.
- Review FATCA / CRS reporting.
- Working with the accounting department and the fund administrator to review books and records and partner demographics to provide information to outside tax advisors.
- Analyzing underlying security transactions for potential wash sale, constructive sale, straddle, short sale adjustments, future/forward contracts, Sec 988, 1256 contracts, qualified dividend income, original issue discount, market discount, premium amortization, reorgs, and other necessary tax adjustments
- Analyzing, review and preparation of tax allocations per the partnership agreement. Allocation methods may include analysis of revaluation accounts, stuffing, and book/tax differences, along with private equity-like tax waterfalls
- Prepare quarterly tax estimates and projections, including preparing waterfalls and disparity calculations
- Track/Follow up on progress of internally/externally prepared filings and ensure timely filed.
- If necessary tracking and coordinating quarterly estimated tax payments with the IRS
- Review of FBAR filings where applicable.
- CPA license required
- Minimum of 6 years of public tax accounting experience
- Undergraduate/Master’s degree in Accounting or Tax
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, as well as PowerPoint).
- Financial services or Hedge Fund experience preferred.
- Experience with Credit and debt investments.