Tax Manager Or Senior Tax Manager
Accounting + Finance
Harrison, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
A full-service certified public accounting and advisory firm with a long history of serving clients both domestically and internationally a Tax Manager Or Senior Tax Manager to join their team!
Compensation : $125000 - $200000
Job ID : 9474
- Build new and existing client relationships and demonstrate basic knowledge of client’s businesses.
- Work closely with Tax Partners to satisfy the needs with planning compliance.
- Understand and manage firm risk on tax services performed.
- Review and prepare federal and state income tax returns for individuals, corporations and partnerships.
- Prepare research memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, and other documents.
- Train and supervise staff along with reviewing and evaluating their work.
- Manage multiple clients, budgets and production goals.
- Manage tax audits.
- Strong technical skills in the following partnership issues: tax basis; liability allocation; IRC Section 754 elections; disguised sales; ramification of distributions to the partnership and partners; special allocations pursuant to IRC Section 704( c); partner outside tax basis.
- Tax planning for stock/asset acquisitions and sales.
- Strong technical skills for the following corporation issues: IRC section 351 contributions; IRC section 301 and 302 shareholder distributions; liquidations and tax-free reorganizations; E&P studies; IRC 382 limitations.
- Familiarity of inbound and outbound international tax issues including US income tax treaties.
- Strong business entity state & local income tax knowledge which includes, business apportionment calculations; treatment of business and non-business income; nexus rules including the economic nexus.
- Strong technical skills relating to high net worth individuals from an income and gift tax perspective.
- Familiarity with estate and trust tax issues.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university; MST preferred.
- A CPA, JD, or CFP certification relevant to an area of specialization required.
- 6+ years’ experience in public accounting firm or relevant related experience required.
- Proficient with individual, corporate and partnership taxation.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience as a team leader; supervising and training teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
- Should have some understanding with risks associated with technical tax positions and be able to communicate these risks to the partner.
- Must be able to work additional hours as needed to meet client deliverables.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.