Tax Manager/Senior Tax Manager (State & Local Tax)
New York, New York
SHARE THIS JOB
Full-service certified public accounting and advisory firm with a long history of serving clients both domestically and internationally is seeking a Tax Manager/Senior Tax Manager(State & Local Tax).
The Senior Tax Manager/Tax Manager will lead and manage multiple tax engagements to deliver state tax services for our diverse client base. This individual will serve as a consultant and representative on state business income, personal income, sales and use, payroll and other state taxes. The individual will be responsible for reviewing or drafting memoranda and other tax correspondence as well as creating spreadsheets. The individual will address tax credits including the research credit, tax audits, voluntary disclosure agreements, and tax filing positions. Preparation and review of sales and other tax returns on a limited basis will also be part of the State and Local Tax Manager position.
Compensation : $130000 - $200000
- Build new and existing client relationships and demonstrate basic knowledge of client’s businesses.
- Work closely with Tax Partners to satisfy the needs with planning compliance.
- Understand and manage firm risk on tax services performed.
- Research, write and consult on various tax engagements.
- Respond to inquiries from state tax authorities.
- Responsible for sales tax and other tax return preparation.
- Train and supervise staff along with reviewing and evaluating their work.
- Manage multiple clients, budgets and production goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Masters in taxation or relevant field.
- A CPA, JD, or CFP or other related experience or certification relevant to an area of specialization.
- 4-6 years prior experience in public accounting and tax.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience as a team leader: supervising and training teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
- Should have some understanding with risks associated with technical tax positions and be able to communicate these risks to the partner.
- Ability to meet challenging client requirements, provide services and possess strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and research capabilities.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions and recommendations in client related matters pertaining to tax returns.
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.