Accounting + Finance
New York, New York
- Prepare complicated tax returns and begin to review smaller tax returns.
- Identifying and communicating tax matters to Managers and Partners.
- Building relationships with clients and business partners.
- Ability to apply knowledge of business functions, strategies and processes to provide services, solutions, advice and improvement to clients served.
- Gather, analyze and process financial accounting data for the preparation of tax returns for High Net Worth Individuals and Small Businesses
- Support Tax Managers and Partners in the day-to day management of client engagements
- Keep management informed on the progress of client engagements
- Understand and research tax concepts and their application to client needs
- Execute various aspects of compliance with moderate to minimum supervision
**Eligibility for 2 yearly bonuses along with a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, Tuition reimbursement, paid time off, etc.**
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from a reputable accounting program (master’s in taxation a plus)
- 3-5 years of experience from a CPA firm
- Strong technical skills pertaining to tax preparation, tax compliance, various jurisdiction correspondence and tax research
- Prior experience with preparation of tax returns for high net worth individuals, trusts and estates
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Desire to grow, learn and be proactive
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to problem-solve and think both creatively and logically
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Great time management skills with the ability to prioritize and work effectively within budget parameters
- CPA license is a plus
- Proficiency with CCH ProSystem FX or Axcess Tax software is a plus
- Proficiency with BNA Tax Planner software is a plus