Team Lead - Credit Middle Office/Deal Pipelining
New York, New York
This individual will drive the end-to-end accuracy and completeness of the middle-office function across all the firm's credit strategies which entails working with the front office for booking transactions, the operations team for booking and ensuring adequate reconciliation and ensure reporting is maintained on a daily basis. The incumbent will be responsible for the middle-office trade capture policies, board reporting, and successful settlement for all front-office activities. You'll be expected to work with and coordinate counterparties, financial institutions, and front-office personnel to ensure we have sufficient controls, accounts, custody, and reporting in place to ensure a best in class middle office function.
- Ensure accurate trade capture is performed and validated , working with other operations and accounting team members as necessary
- Track open trades, facilitate accurate and successful settlements and coordinate with operations personnel for fluid back-office integration
- Perform credit agreement review
- Work with front-office personnel for accurate and comprehensive transaction pipeline reporting
- Work with controllers and operations personnel for booking and incorporating position details accurately in reconciliations and financial reporting.
- Capture assignment and participation settlements in relevant systems as needed
- Coordinate all operational aspects of trade compliance and readiness including working with the CCO and compliance team on all open trades as necessary
- Work to ensure strong controls over data accuracy and financial reporting is maintained
- Create executive level reporting highlighting significant changes/events, key data points and conclusions
- Ability to work directly with deal team and upper-level management on quarterly deliverables.
- Support the CFO to streamline and improve our overall process as part of the larger Credit Platform.
- Generate and distribute ad hoc reporting to relevant parties such as senior management, deal teams, and investors
- BS degree in Finance or related degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 7 years of related deal capture experience with another hedge fund with a particular focus in both public and private credit.
- Experience with all aspects of a credit fund complex operations function
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel and strong analytical skills.
- Highly organized, enjoy working on one’s own initiative and working with busy and driven individuals.
- Team player with a positive, “can-do” attitude and thrive working in a dynamic environment, taking additional responsibility as the team develops.
- Excellent communication skills and a sense of urgency are essential, as this role is responsible for requests from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with specialized credit and lending products
- Experience working with Clearpar and LSTA settlement guidelines
- Experience with distressed trading and settlements, bankruptcy reorganizations, and common debt amendments.