Healthcare - Allied Health
- Explaining the ultrasound procedure to patients, answering their questions, and providing support.
- Spreading the ultrasound gel on the surface of patients' bodies over the internal area to be imaged.
- Programming and adjusting the scanner for the specific procedure and ensuring the transducer captures images from every angle or section as needed.
- Deciding which still images, or sonograms, to capture and present to the Physician for diagnostic purposes.
- Evaluating the images for quality and interpreting the images to assist the Physicians in diagnosing and treating diseases.
- Presenting the images and your preliminary findings to the Physicians.
- Maintaining patients' records and medical notes on the ultrasound procedure they have undergone.
- Maintaining the ultrasound equipment and sterilizing the procedure rooms.
- Assisting Radiologists with vascular ultrasound procedures and ultrasound-guided biopsies
- Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound program
- Registered as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS)
- 1 year experience as Ultrasound Tech within hospital environment is required
- BLS from the AHA is required
- ARRT preferred
Disclosure: The hourly rates and/or salaries listed may or may not reflect total compensation packages including bonus and fringe benefits, etc., nor are the advertisement(s) posted a guarantee of a certain compensation package for a position or bona fide offer of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.